Winona Ryder was caught shoplifting makeup from a Hollywood drugstore last week, said The National Enquirer. The actress, who was convicted of stealing clothes from Saks Fifth Avenue in 2002, was stopped by a security guard after setting off an alarm. “We took the unpaid items back, and she left the store,” an employee told the tabloid.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week