Winona Ryder was caught shoplifting makeup from a Hollywood drugstore last week, said The National Enquirer. The actress, who was convicted of stealing clothes from Saks Fifth Avenue in 2002, was stopped by a security guard after setting off an alarm. “We took the unpaid items back, and she left the store,” an employee told the tabloid.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week