Winona Ryder was caught shoplifting makeup from a Hollywood drugstore last week, said The National Enquirer. The actress, who was convicted of stealing clothes from Saks Fifth Avenue in 2002, was stopped by a security guard after setting off an alarm. “We took the unpaid items back, and she left the store,” an employee told the tabloid.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week