Good Day, Bad Day
A girlâ€™s best friend, online reservations
GOOD DAY FOR: A girl’s best friend, after lingerie company Triumph International displayed a $122,000 diamond thong at a fashion show in Singapore. The thong has 518 brilliant-cut diamonds totaling 30 carats. “It is very comfortable,” said Danielle Luminita, who modeled the underwear. “It’s not heavy or scratchy or anything.” (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Online reservations, as the Navajo Nation may lose its Internet service Monday, in a dispute involving Utah-based satellite provider OnSat Network Communications. After a tribal audit found possible double-billing by OnSat, the FCC, which pays for up to 90 percent of the service at 70 of the tribe’s chapter houses, said it is withholding payment to OnSat. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week