Good Day, Bad Day
A girl’s best friend, online reservations
GOOD DAY FOR: A girl’s best friend, after lingerie company Triumph International displayed a $122,000 diamond thong at a fashion show in Singapore. The thong has 518 brilliant-cut diamonds totaling 30 carats. “It is very comfortable,” said Danielle Luminita, who modeled the underwear. “It’s not heavy or scratchy or anything.” (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Online reservations, as the Navajo Nation may lose its Internet service Monday, in a dispute involving Utah-based satellite provider OnSat Network Communications. After a tribal audit found possible double-billing by OnSat, the FCC, which pays for up to 90 percent of the service at 70 of the tribe’s chapter houses, said it is withholding payment to OnSat. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week