The Bottom Line
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez continued his wave of nationalization, announcing an immediate takeover of Venezuelaâ€™s cement industry.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez continued his wave of nationalization, announcing an immediate takeover of Venezuela’s cement industry. The move will adversely affect Mexico’s Cemex, the world’s No. 3 cement company, which is already facing falling profits from the U.S. housing slump. Venezuela took over a Colombia-based cement maker last year. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week