The Bottom Line
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez continued his wave of nationalization, announcing an immediate takeover of Venezuelaâ€™s cement industry.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez continued his wave of nationalization, announcing an immediate takeover of Venezuela’s cement industry. The move will adversely affect Mexico’s Cemex, the world’s No. 3 cement company, which is already facing falling profits from the U.S. housing slump. Venezuela took over a Colombia-based cement maker last year. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week