The Bottom Line
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez continued his wave of nationalization, announcing an immediate takeover of Venezuelaâ€™s cement industry.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez continued his wave of nationalization, announcing an immediate takeover of Venezuela’s cement industry. The move will adversely affect Mexico’s Cemex, the world’s No. 3 cement company, which is already facing falling profits from the U.S. housing slump. Venezuela took over a Colombia-based cement maker last year. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week