Ryan Gosling started sowing his wild oats at a very young age, says Will Lawrence in the London Daily Telegraph. The 27-year-old actor grew up in Ontario in a devoutly Mormon family, and he never fit in. “From as early as 2 years old, I was sneaking out of the house, never wearing my clothes, breaking things.” Gosling, who in recent years has been romantically linked to several actresses, says his libido kicked in at a tender age, too. “I kept stealing a girl neighbor out of her house. It was when we were both about 2. I’d steal her away and try to take her on dates.” His show business career started in earnest when, at 12, he landed a coveted slot as a Mouseketeer on The All New Mickey Mouse Club, alongside Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake. But soon the other kids’ parents were complaining that Gosling was being inappropriately sexual. “I was just telling them what I’d heard about sex. You know, the positions and stuff,” he said. “Disney had a meeting with me, and they were like, ‘We’re gonna kick you off if you say anything sexual again! I’m f------ 12. All I care about is sex!” Gosling says people often assume he was rebelling against his parents, but he says that wasn’t the case; he simply could not wait to grow up, get his own place—and start dating. “To my parents’ credit, they were always saying, ‘This may not be for you.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week