Ryan Gosling started sowing his wild oats at a very young age, says Will Lawrence in the London Daily Telegraph. The 27-year-old actor grew up in Ontario in a devoutly Mormon family, and he never fit in. “From as early as 2 years old, I was sneaking out of the house, never wearing my clothes, breaking things.” Gosling, who in recent years has been romantically linked to several actresses, says his libido kicked in at a tender age, too. “I kept stealing a girl neighbor out of her house. It was when we were both about 2. I’d steal her away and try to take her on dates.” His show business career started in earnest when, at 12, he landed a coveted slot as a Mouseketeer on The All New Mickey Mouse Club, alongside Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake. But soon the other kids’ parents were complaining that Gosling was being inappropriately sexual. “I was just telling them what I’d heard about sex. You know, the positions and stuff,” he said. “Disney had a meeting with me, and they were like, ‘We’re gonna kick you off if you say anything sexual again! I’m f------ 12. All I care about is sex!” Gosling says people often assume he was rebelling against his parents, but he says that wasn’t the case; he simply could not wait to grow up, get his own place—and start dating. “To my parents’ credit, they were always saying, ‘This may not be for you.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week