The Bottom Line
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087.
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087. (The Washington Post) Asian markets also hit record highs today, with Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index topping 28,000 for the first time, markets in Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia hitting new records, and Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 closing above 17,000 for the first time since Aug. 9. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week