The Bottom Line
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087.
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087. (The Washington Post) Asian markets also hit record highs today, with Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index topping 28,000 for the first time, markets in Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia hitting new records, and Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 closing above 17,000 for the first time since Aug. 9. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week