The Bottom Line
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087.
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087. (The Washington Post) Asian markets also hit record highs today, with Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index topping 28,000 for the first time, markets in Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia hitting new records, and Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 closing above 17,000 for the first time since Aug. 9. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week