The Bottom Line
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087.
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087. (The Washington Post) Asian markets also hit record highs today, with Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index topping 28,000 for the first time, markets in Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia hitting new records, and Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 closing above 17,000 for the first time since Aug. 9. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week