The Bottom Line
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087.
Wall Street started its fourth quarter with a bang, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 191 points to close at a record high 14,087. (The Washington Post) Asian markets also hit record highs today, with Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index topping 28,000 for the first time, markets in Australia, Singapore, and Indonesia hitting new records, and Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 closing above 17,000 for the first time since Aug. 9. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week