The Bottom Line
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday. . .
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday, according to unidentified people close to the deal. The merger would now value Northwest at $3 billion, down from $4.1 billion at the beginning of February. Neither airline’s pilots’ union has signed off on the merger, which could complicate its implementation. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
Subscribe to the Week