The Bottom Line
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday. . .
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday, according to unidentified people close to the deal. The merger would now value Northwest at $3 billion, down from $4.1 billion at the beginning of February. Neither airline’s pilots’ union has signed off on the merger, which could complicate its implementation. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week