The Bottom Line
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday. . .
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday, according to unidentified people close to the deal. The merger would now value Northwest at $3 billion, down from $4.1 billion at the beginning of February. Neither airline’s pilots’ union has signed off on the merger, which could complicate its implementation. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week