The Bottom Line
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday. . .
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday, according to unidentified people close to the deal. The merger would now value Northwest at $3 billion, down from $4.1 billion at the beginning of February. Neither airline’s pilots’ union has signed off on the merger, which could complicate its implementation. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week