The Bottom Line
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday. . .
The long-expected merger between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines could be announced as early as Tuesday, according to unidentified people close to the deal. The merger would now value Northwest at $3 billion, down from $4.1 billion at the beginning of February. Neither airline’s pilots’ union has signed off on the merger, which could complicate its implementation. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week