A German man is asking for his marriage to be annulled after finding out that his wife is a man. Farmer Wolfgang Zober, 55, says he fell in love with Randy Victoria, 38, over the Internet, and “was delighted when I met her and realized she was as lovely as her photographs.” It was only on the couple’s wedding night, says Zober, that “she told me she had a penis, and that her real name was Ralf.” Zober says he is devastated, not least because “Randy” seemed genuinely interested in his work. “I didn’t realize that was because she used to be a farmer herself.”
Football quarterbacks Eli and Peyton Manning are so close that they sometimes share the same bathroom stall, says the New York Daily News. A hostess at a bar in New York saw the brothers enter a stall together; suspecting that a tryst was underway, she began banging furiously on its door shouting, “Two men just can’t be in the bathroom!” To her relief and surprise, the door opened to reveal the winners of the last two Super Bowl MVP awards merely chatting while urinating.
A British man claiming to be 101 years old finished last week’s London Marathon in a respectable 12 hours, stopping halfway to smoke a cigarette and drink a pint of beer. Buster Martin, who may actually be 94, was trying to set a world’s record for oldest marathoner. He said that whatever his real age, his unusual choice of mid-race sustenance proved a point. “They say [cigarettes] and booze are bad for you, but I’m still here, aren’t I?”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week