Good Day, Bad Day
Good facilities, grand dilutions
GOOD DAY FOR: Good facilities, as 10 percent of India’s record rice and wheat harvests will be lost to rats and spoilage. Some 20 million metric tons of grains and lentils will rot or be eaten by pests, out of 227.3 million metric tons produced. Post-harvest storage “needs to be given more focus,” said Agriculture Secretary P.K. Mishra. “Some areas have good facilities and some areas don’t.” (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Grand dilutions, after eBay sued classified-ad site Craigslist for taking undisclosed actions to dilute its 28.4 percent investment in the company by 10 percent. EBay bought the Craigslist stake in 2004. EBay is the 17th most popular English-language site on the Web; Craigslist ranks 45. Craigslist doesn’t disclose revenue. (The San Jose Mercury News)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why I choose not to be rich
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel's invasion of Gaza shows peace talks were a sham all along
Subscribe to the Week