The Bottom Line
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations.
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations. Delta attributed its loss largely to rising fuel costs. Gas prices hit a record high of $3.51 yesterday, and crude oil almost hit $120 a barrel. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week