The Bottom Line
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations.
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations. Delta attributed its loss largely to rising fuel costs. Gas prices hit a record high of $3.51 yesterday, and crude oil almost hit $120 a barrel. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week