The Bottom Line
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations.
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations. Delta attributed its loss largely to rising fuel costs. Gas prices hit a record high of $3.51 yesterday, and crude oil almost hit $120 a barrel. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week