The Bottom Line
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations.
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations. Delta attributed its loss largely to rising fuel costs. Gas prices hit a record high of $3.51 yesterday, and crude oil almost hit $120 a barrel. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week