The Bottom Line
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations.
Delta Air Lines reported a $6.39 billion quarterly loss, widely missing analysts' expectations. Delta attributed its loss largely to rising fuel costs. Gas prices hit a record high of $3.51 yesterday, and crude oil almost hit $120 a barrel. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week