Good Day, Bad Day
Not being the boss, seeing green
GOOD DAY FOR: Not being the boss, as a federal jury ordered Madison Square Garden to pay former New York Knicks executive Anucha Browne Sanders $11.6 million for sexual harassment and wrongful termination. The jury found that Knicks coach Isiah Thomas sexually harassed Sanders, but ordered MSG chairman James Dolan to pay a $3 million legal penalty. (USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: Seeing green, as advocacy groups for the blind are complaining about the dangers of gas-electric hybrid cars, which run almost silently in electric mode. The National Federation of the Blind tested hybrids by having blind people listen for when different hybrid models passed by. “People were making comments like, ‘When are they going to start the test?’” said the NFB’s Deborah Kent Stein. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week