Good Day, Bad Day
Not being the boss, seeing green
GOOD DAY FOR: Not being the boss, as a federal jury ordered Madison Square Garden to pay former New York Knicks executive Anucha Browne Sanders $11.6 million for sexual harassment and wrongful termination. The jury found that Knicks coach Isiah Thomas sexually harassed Sanders, but ordered MSG chairman James Dolan to pay a $3 million legal penalty. (USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: Seeing green, as advocacy groups for the blind are complaining about the dangers of gas-electric hybrid cars, which run almost silently in electric mode. The National Federation of the Blind tested hybrids by having blind people listen for when different hybrid models passed by. “People were making comments like, ‘When are they going to start the test?’” said the NFB’s Deborah Kent Stein. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week