BAD DAY FOR: Seeing green, as advocacy groups for the blind are complaining about the dangers of gas-electric hybrid cars, which run almost silently in electric mode. The National Federation of the Blind tested hybrids by having blind people listen for when different hybrid models passed by. “People were making comments like, ‘When are they going to start the test?’” said the NFB’s Deborah Kent Stein. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
Subscribe to the Week