eneral Motors said that 19,000 hourly workers, or 24 percent of its unionized U.S. workforce, accepted buyouts and will leave in the next month. That’s triple the rate of buyouts accepted in a similar deal at Ford. GM is struggling to adapt to a drop in demand for trucks and SUVs amid record-high gas prices. (The New York Times, free registration)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The executioners' lament
- 7 gender options
Subscribe to the Week