The Bottom Line
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year . . .
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year, as increasing demand from developing nations continues to outstrip declining supplies. “The bottom line is we’re in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age,” he said. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week