The Bottom Line
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year . . .
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year, as increasing demand from developing nations continues to outstrip declining supplies. “The bottom line is we’re in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age,” he said. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week