The Bottom Line
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year . . .
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year, as increasing demand from developing nations continues to outstrip declining supplies. “The bottom line is we’re in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age,” he said. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week