The Bottom Line
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year . . .
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year, as increasing demand from developing nations continues to outstrip declining supplies. “The bottom line is we’re in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age,” he said. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week