The Bottom Line
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year . . .
CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin predicted that oil will regularly sell for above $100 a barrel as early as next year, as increasing demand from developing nations continues to outstrip declining supplies. “The bottom line is we’re in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age,” he said. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week