OOD DAY FOR: Indy films, after the latest installment of the Indiana Jones film series, The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, earned $311 million worldwide in its opening weekend. The $151 million domestic take made Indiana Jones the second-highest Memorial Day weekend draw ever, falling just $2 million short of last year’s Pirates of the Caribbean movie. (Los Angeles Times, free registration)
BAD DAY FOR: Selling sex, after a trademark board ruled that Victoria’s Secret’s “So Sexy” hair-product campaign violates the trademarks held by Sexy Hair Concepts LLC. Victoria’s Secret appealed the ruling over the weekend, citing a study it funded showing that few people associated the word sexy with any one hair-care product. (AP in Google News)
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week