OOD DAY FOR: Seeing the other side, after falling oil exports and growing imports are pushing Indonesia to pull out of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. Indonesia, OPEC’s only member in Southeast Asia, has belonged to the cartel since 1962. “If production comes back to give us the status of net oil exporter then we can go back to OPEC,” said Energy Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Street parking, after gas thieves have started draining off $4-a-gallon gas by puncturing or drilling holes in cars’ gas tanks and fuel lines. Due to their height, trucks and SUVs are the most common targets, especially those with plastic tanks. “Gas is liquid gold these days,” said police Lt. Gerry Scherlinck in the Detroit suburb of Troy, Mich. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
Subscribe to the Week