OOD DAY FOR: Seeing the other side, after falling oil exports and growing imports are pushing Indonesia to pull out of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. Indonesia, OPEC’s only member in Southeast Asia, has belonged to the cartel since 1962. “If production comes back to give us the status of net oil exporter then we can go back to OPEC,” said Energy Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Street parking, after gas thieves have started draining off $4-a-gallon gas by puncturing or drilling holes in cars’ gas tanks and fuel lines. Due to their height, trucks and SUVs are the most common targets, especially those with plastic tanks. “Gas is liquid gold these days,” said police Lt. Gerry Scherlinck in the Detroit suburb of Troy, Mich. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Why U.S. and British spies have moles in World of Warcraft
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Cue scary music: Cockroaches that can survive New York winters reach the U.S.
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
Subscribe to the Week