Gaspricewatch.com aims to return “power to the people at the pump” by helping them find the best rates for any fuel type. The site tracks prices with a live feed and works with 163,000 volunteer drivers to maintain a database of more than 128,000 stations nationwide.
Gasbuddy.com not only helps you locate gas stations in your area with the most reasonable rates but also provides gas-price maps, tracks the lowest average prices by city and state, and charts changes in price from yesterday to a year ago.
Gasprices.mapquest.com lets you search for the lowest prices for gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels. It also features a gas calculator to help you estimate how much a road trip will cost.
AAA.com organizes its tips by zip code. Tell the site where you are, and it will provide a customized fuel savings guide.
Source: Real Simple Travel
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
Subscribe to the Week