Gaspricewatch.com aims to return “power to the people at the pump” by helping them find the best rates for any fuel type. The site tracks prices with a live feed and works with 163,000 volunteer drivers to maintain a database of more than 128,000 stations nationwide.
Gasbuddy.com not only helps you locate gas stations in your area with the most reasonable rates but also provides gas-price maps, tracks the lowest average prices by city and state, and charts changes in price from yesterday to a year ago.
Gasprices.mapquest.com lets you search for the lowest prices for gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels. It also features a gas calculator to help you estimate how much a road trip will cost.
AAA.com organizes its tips by zip code. Tell the site where you are, and it will provide a customized fuel savings guide.
Source: Real Simple Travel
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week