Gaspricewatch.com aims to return “power to the people at the pump” by helping them find the best rates for any fuel type. The site tracks prices with a live feed and works with 163,000 volunteer drivers to maintain a database of more than 128,000 stations nationwide.
Gasbuddy.com not only helps you locate gas stations in your area with the most reasonable rates but also provides gas-price maps, tracks the lowest average prices by city and state, and charts changes in price from yesterday to a year ago.
Gasprices.mapquest.com lets you search for the lowest prices for gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels. It also features a gas calculator to help you estimate how much a road trip will cost.
AAA.com organizes its tips by zip code. Tell the site where you are, and it will provide a customized fuel savings guide.
Source: Real Simple Travel
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week