“Totally charming and totally pointless,” the Sony Rolly is an egg-shaped MP3 player that acts like a little robot as it rolls along in sync to the music. The first tap of its top button reveals speakers and turns on its lights. A second tap sets the Rolly, “well, boogieing” to your playlist.
Price: $499 Contact: Dfj-store.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
Subscribe to the Week