dealbite.com is a daily newsletter that offers green tips for every aspect of daily life, from travel to clothing to entertainment—“like DailyCandy for the eco set.” Different content is available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Treehugger.com is a “newsy blog about all things sustainable.” The site provides green news on consumer products, business, politics, and culture. It also features an extensive list of action tips in its How to Go Green Guides.
Saffronrouge.com sells organic beauty and skin-care products that promote fair-trade practices, certified organic farming, and biodynamic agriculture. Founder Kirstin Bender personally chooses the products, and organic-beauty advisors are available online to recommend products.
Source: The New York Times T magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week