Idealbite.com is a daily newsletter that offers green tips for every aspect of daily life, from travel to clothing to entertainment—“like DailyCandy for the eco set.” Different content is available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Treehugger.com is a “newsy blog about all things sustainable.” The site provides green news on consumer products, business, politics, and culture. It also features an extensive list of action tips in its How to Go Green Guides.
Saffronrouge.com sells organic beauty and skin-care products that promote fair-trade practices, certified organic farming, and biodynamic agriculture. Founder Kirstin Bender personally chooses the products, and organic-beauty advisors are available online to recommend products.
Source: The New York Times T magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week