Idealbite.com is a daily newsletter that offers green tips for every aspect of daily life, from travel to clothing to entertainment—“like DailyCandy for the eco set.” Different content is available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Treehugger.com is a “newsy blog about all things sustainable.” The site provides green news on consumer products, business, politics, and culture. It also features an extensive list of action tips in its How to Go Green Guides.
Saffronrouge.com sells organic beauty and skin-care products that promote fair-trade practices, certified organic farming, and biodynamic agriculture. Founder Kirstin Bender personally chooses the products, and organic-beauty advisors are available online to recommend products.
Source: The New York Times T magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week