Idealbite.com is a daily newsletter that offers green tips for every aspect of daily life, from travel to clothing to entertainment—“like DailyCandy for the eco set.” Different content is available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Treehugger.com is a “newsy blog about all things sustainable.” The site provides green news on consumer products, business, politics, and culture. It also features an extensive list of action tips in its How to Go Green Guides.
Saffronrouge.com sells organic beauty and skin-care products that promote fair-trade practices, certified organic farming, and biodynamic agriculture. Founder Kirstin Bender personally chooses the products, and organic-beauty advisors are available online to recommend products.
Source: The New York Times T magazine
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
Subscribe to the Week