dealbite.com is a daily newsletter that offers green tips for every aspect of daily life, from travel to clothing to entertainment—“like DailyCandy for the eco set.” Different content is available in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Treehugger.com is a “newsy blog about all things sustainable.” The site provides green news on consumer products, business, politics, and culture. It also features an extensive list of action tips in its How to Go Green Guides.
Saffronrouge.com sells organic beauty and skin-care products that promote fair-trade practices, certified organic farming, and biodynamic agriculture. Founder Kirstin Bender personally chooses the products, and organic-beauty advisors are available online to recommend products.
Source: The New York Times T magazine
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 10, 2013
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
Subscribe to the Week