an’t decide what new gadget to buy? The BUG is a “Wi-Fi-ready, iPhone-sized mini computer” around which you can design nearly any gadget imaginable, “no matter how strange or specialized the purpose.” Bug Labs takes care of the hardware: Available attachments include everything from a camera to a radar detector, and you can put them together “like Legos.” True, the company expects you to write the complicated software needed to run these devices. But those who “can’t code Java and AWT” can download software written by other users from the Bug website.
Price: Starting at $59
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week