If Grandma can’t hear you, it may not be because her hearing aid isn’t turned up. She may be rocking out on her Phonak Exélia. The “first hearing aid” to “double as a wireless headphone,” the Exélia has the ability to transfer audio from MP3 players and Bluetooth devices through a “pocketable transmitter” linked to the earpiece.
Source: Popular Science
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week