If Grandma can’t hear you, it may not be because her hearing aid isn’t turned up. She may be rocking out on her Phonak Exélia. The “first hearing aid” to “double as a wireless headphone,” the Exélia has the ability to transfer audio from MP3 players and Bluetooth devices through a “pocketable transmitter” linked to the earpiece.
Source: Popular Science
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week