If Grandma can’t hear you, it may not be because her hearing aid isn’t turned up. She may be rocking out on her Phonak Exélia. The “first hearing aid” to “double as a wireless headphone,” the Exélia has the ability to transfer audio from MP3 players and Bluetooth devices through a “pocketable transmitter” linked to the earpiece.
Source: Popular Science
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week