OOD DAY FOR: Compulsive day traders, as E-Trade Financial is giving its customers a free program that will allow them to trade stock and stock options on their BlackBerry handhelds. The application, E-Trade Mobile Pro, will also let BlackBerry users get news and create watch lists. It will be available for download today, E-Trade said. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: Asian drivers, after India and Malaysia raised gas prices to ease the burden of state oil subsidies. India raised gas and diesel prices about 10 percent and Malaysia hiked gas prices 41 percent. Fuel subsidies are expected to cost India $57.8 billion this year, or more than 3 percent of GDP. Indonesia and Sri Lanka also raised gas prices last month. (MarketWatch)
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week