ews Corp. said that Jane Friedman is resigning as CEO of its HarperCollins publishing house, effective immediately. Friedman is the second publishing executive to leave recently, following Random House CEO Peter Olsen. Although publishing is experiencing a difficult adjustment to a move online by readers, Friedman is leaving after turning HarperCollins into one of the most successful book publishers in the industry. (Reuters)
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
Subscribe to the Week