ews Corp. said that Jane Friedman is resigning as CEO of its HarperCollins publishing house, effective immediately. Friedman is the second publishing executive to leave recently, following Random House CEO Peter Olsen. Although publishing is experiencing a difficult adjustment to a move online by readers, Friedman is leaving after turning HarperCollins into one of the most successful book publishers in the industry. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How any actor (even a really nice one) can play a truly evil villain like King Joffrey
Subscribe to the Week