ews Corp. said that Jane Friedman is resigning as CEO of its HarperCollins publishing house, effective immediately. Friedman is the second publishing executive to leave recently, following Random House CEO Peter Olsen. Although publishing is experiencing a difficult adjustment to a move online by readers, Friedman is leaving after turning HarperCollins into one of the most successful book publishers in the industry. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week