Discounted fares to Dublin
Aer Lingus has discounted fares to Ireland from July 1 to Aug. 24. A round-trip from Washington, D.C., to Dublin, including taxes, is $964. Fares will drop again from Aug. 25 to Sept. 30, with cheapest fares on Monday and Wednesday flights. Contact: Aerlingus.com
Evenings in the Adirondacks
Through Aug. 28, the Sagamore resort on Lake George in New York’s Adirondacks region is offering a free fourth-night stay and a $100-per-room credit for Sunday or Monday arrivals. Rates for a lodge suite start at $853 plus tax. Contact: Thesagamore.com
$250 shipboard credits
The 2009 Smooth Music Cruise, departing Miami on Jan. 31, will feature more than a dozen jazz artists. Book with Celebrity Cruises by June 15 and receive shipboard credits of up to $250 per cabin. Interior cabins start at $1,399, plus $249 port charges. Contact: Smoothmusiccruise.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week