Linda Hogan, the 48-year-old ex-wife of former professional wrestler Hulk Hogan, is dating a 19-year-old man named Charley Hill, according to E! Online. Brooke Hogan, who starred with her parent’s and brother, Nick, on the reality TV show Hogan Knows Best, apparently went to high school with Hill, and was a grade above him. “I’m totally freaked out,” Brooke Hogan told E! satellite radio personality Michael Yo, “I personally don’t like it at all or condone it.”
What the commentators said
“Just when you thought your family was wacko,” said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times blog The Dish Rag, “the Hogans make ya feel kinda boring and normal.” At least it was easy for Linda Hogan to find “her manboy”—she “didn’t have to look further than her children’s high school yearbook.” She’s almost 30 years older than this guy: “All together now, Eeeewwww!”
Well, Linda “is trying to get back at Hulk Hogan for cheating on her" with Brooke's friend, Christiane Plante, said the blog Fashion.ie, “which we understand.” But dating a 19-year-old? She really should have “considered how this new relationship would affect her kids.”
It’s not surprising that Brooke Hogan is “freaking out” over her mom’s new boyfriend, said the blog Hollyscoop. But “it’s actually pretty sad, because watching Hogan Knows Best, we thought they were one of the normal Hollywood families that would never fall apart. Guess that’s what reality TV does to people.”
The strangest thing about all of this, said the blog Celebrity Fix, “is that the Hogans seem to have a ‘type’: The entire family are bulky, super-tanned blondes, and when Hulk and Linda split and went hunting for new younger partners, they turned up with bulky, super-tanned blondes!” It’s pretty “gross.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week