Saudi Arabia will raise oil output by 200,000 barrels a day next month, United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said yesterday. The increase would raise Saudi output by about 2 percent. Saudi Arabia increased production by 300,000 barrels in May, to no noticeable effect on the market. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week