Good week for:
Round buns, after a Canadian company introduced the male equivalent of the Wonderbra: Bottoms Up padded boxer briefs, for men with scrawny, sagging, or flat buttocks.
Petitioning the Lord, after church choir director Rocky Twyman, 59, began staging “pray-ins” across the country at which frustrated motorists beseech the Almighty for relief from soaring gas prices.
Patching those holes in the safety net, after the Federal Air Marshal Service unveiled a new plan to prevent a recurring problem—marshals being refused a seat on flights because their names appear on the terrorist no-fly list. In the future, the agency said, marshals who aren’t allowed to board “should ask to speak to an air carrier customer service representative.”
Bad week for:
Cheap V1@gr@, after a Colorado man was sentenced to 21 months in prison for sending hundreds of thousands of spam e-mails.
Charles Ray Fuller of Fort Worth, who was arrested after trying to cash a check for $360 billion. Fuller told police that he’s starting his own record label, and that his girlfriend’s mother was giving him the money to get his venture off the ground.
The avant-garde, after seven German artists with lice in their hair moved into an Israeli museum. “The idea is that we live in the museum as their guests, and at the same time we are hosting lice on our heads,” explained artist Vincent Grunwald. The museum insists the exhibit is not a joke. “Art is no longer a painting on the wall,” said the curator.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week