A Pennsylvania man tackled a panicky deer that broke into a hair salon and nearly ran over his son. Randy Goepfert, 36, was paying for his son Tyler’s haircut when a whitetail buck crashed through the salon’s glass window. “He was charging right at my son,” says Goepfert, “so I decked him.” Man and beast wrestled on the floor for a few moments before Goepfert managed to chase the deer into a back room, where the injured animal was later euthanized by wildlife officials.
Christina Aguilera is astonished at what motherhood did to the size of her breasts, says Us Weekly. “It’s kind of hilarious,” says the formerly petite singer, 27, who is breast-feeding her 5-month-old son. “I’ve never fit into an E-cup before. I look at my husband and go, ‘Guess what size this bra is?’ And when I tell him, he’s just amazed. We keep the tags that prove it, to look back for memory’s sake.”
In honor of Sen. Larry Craig, arrested last year for “disorderly conduct” in an airport men’s room, fans of Minnesota’s St. Paul Saints baseball team were this week given miniature toy bathroom stalls as keepsakes. By shaking the toy, a man’s feet—visible below the divider—can be made to tap suggestively, as Craig is alleged to have done to the undercover officer in the adjoining stall. The team said the “bobble-foot” toy was handed out in honor of National Tap Dance Day, but also made a sly reference to the “wide stance” Craig claims to use in the bathroom.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week