A Pennsylvania man tackled a panicky deer that broke into a hair salon and nearly ran over his son. Randy Goepfert, 36, was paying for his son Tyler’s haircut when a whitetail buck crashed through the salon’s glass window. “He was charging right at my son,” says Goepfert, “so I decked him.” Man and beast wrestled on the floor for a few moments before Goepfert managed to chase the deer into a back room, where the injured animal was later euthanized by wildlife officials.
Christina Aguilera is astonished at what motherhood did to the size of her breasts, says Us Weekly. “It’s kind of hilarious,” says the formerly petite singer, 27, who is breast-feeding her 5-month-old son. “I’ve never fit into an E-cup before. I look at my husband and go, ‘Guess what size this bra is?’ And when I tell him, he’s just amazed. We keep the tags that prove it, to look back for memory’s sake.”
In honor of Sen. Larry Craig, arrested last year for “disorderly conduct” in an airport men’s room, fans of Minnesota’s St. Paul Saints baseball team were this week given miniature toy bathroom stalls as keepsakes. By shaking the toy, a man’s feet—visible below the divider—can be made to tap suggestively, as Craig is alleged to have done to the undercover officer in the adjoining stall. The team said the “bobble-foot” toy was handed out in honor of National Tap Dance Day, but also made a sly reference to the “wide stance” Craig claims to use in the bathroom.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week