Royal Dutch Shell closed down a 200,000-barrel-a-day offshore oil installation in Nigeria after the country’s most powerful militant group attacked the oil platform. The field produces about 10 percent of Nigeria’s output. Offshore rigs are considered safer than land-based installations, and such attacks are very rare. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Singapore's ruling party runs into trouble
Subscribe to the Week