Royal Dutch Shell closed down a 200,000-barrel-a-day offshore oil installation in Nigeria after the country’s most powerful militant group attacked the oil platform. The field produces about 10 percent of Nigeria’s output. Offshore rigs are considered safer than land-based installations, and such attacks are very rare. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- How neuroscience can help us understand political partisanship
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week