hares of Internet monitor ComScore fell more than 6 percent in extended trading after The Wall Street Journal reported that Google is close to rolling out its own, competing service to measure Web traffic. Google’s product, unlike that from ComScore and Nieslen Online, will be based on actual data from Web servers, and will probably be free for marketers, The Journal reported. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week