hares of Internet monitor ComScore fell more than 6 percent in extended trading after The Wall Street Journal reported that Google is close to rolling out its own, competing service to measure Web traffic. Google’s product, unlike that from ComScore and Nieslen Online, will be based on actual data from Web servers, and will probably be free for marketers, The Journal reported. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week