Nearly half of all Americans say race relations in the country are in bad shape, and three in 10 acknowledge personal feelings of racial prejudice. While 60% of blacks say the election of Barack Obama would help race relations, only 38% of whites hold that view.
The Washington Post/ABC News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week