Nearly half of all Americans say race relations in the country are in bad shape, and three in 10 acknowledge personal feelings of racial prejudice. While 60% of blacks say the election of Barack Obama would help race relations, only 38% of whites hold that view.
The Washington Post/ABC News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week