oldman Sachs analysts said that Citigroup may have to write down $8.9 billion and post a net loss in the second quarter. Goldman lowered its rating on Citi to “conviction sell,” and on U.S. brokerages as a whole to “neutral,” from “attractive.” (Bloomberg) The analysts also predicted that Merrill Lynch could write down $4.2 billion in the quarter. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week