Goldman Sachs analysts said that Citigroup may have to write down $8.9 billion and post a net loss in the second quarter. Goldman lowered its rating on Citi to “conviction sell,” and on U.S. brokerages as a whole to “neutral,” from “attractive.” (Bloomberg) The analysts also predicted that Merrill Lynch could write down $4.2 billion in the quarter. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week