oldman Sachs analysts said that Citigroup may have to write down $8.9 billion and post a net loss in the second quarter. Goldman lowered its rating on Citi to “conviction sell,” and on U.S. brokerages as a whole to “neutral,” from “attractive.” (Bloomberg) The analysts also predicted that Merrill Lynch could write down $4.2 billion in the quarter. (Reuters)
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
Subscribe to the Week