Dubai World and Russian energy trader OAO Roskommunenergo offered to buy newly deregulated Russian utility OAO OGK-1 for $5.34 billion. It would be the first investment in Russia’s energy industry from the Persian Gulf. Russia’s state-owned Unified Energy, which has raised $34 billion by selling assets since 2006, will cease to exist tomorrow. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week