OOD DAY FOR: Road warriors, after the Transportation Security Administration approved new laptop bags that will let airline passengers pass through security without unpacking their computers. The new “checkpoint friendly” cases should hit the market in late September or October. More than 25 percent of air travelers carry laptops, the TSA said. (The New York Times)
BAD DAY FOR: Ian Usher, after the 44-year-old Australian’s attempt to sell his entire life on eBay fell about $100,000 short of his target price. After a seven-day auction, Usher agreed to sell everything—his three-bedroom home, a motorcycle and jet ski, a shot at his rug-store job, all his belongings, and his friends—for $380,286. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch The Daily Show and Judge Andrew Napolitano play 'The Weakest Lincoln'
Subscribe to the Week