On April 8, THE WEEK hosted the fifth annual Opinion Awards at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C. Awards were given for:
Columnist of the Year
Ruth Marcus, The Washington Post
Editorial Cartoonist of the Year
Mike Luckovich, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Blogger of the Year
Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo
Editor-at-large Sir Harold Evans hosted a panel conversation on the topic of the 2008 presidential election, featuring former Chief of Staff for President George W. Bush, Karl Rove; former New York Times editor-in-chief Howell Raines; and political strategist and pollster Doug Schoen—and what a conversation it was. The audience of D.C.’s most influential players was captivated by the exchange of these very distinct viewpoints.
For more on the event and to view event highlights, visit: http://www.theweekdaily.com/opinionawards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week