On April 8, THE WEEK hosted the fifth annual Opinion Awards at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C. Awards were given for:
Columnist of the Year
Ruth Marcus, The Washington Post
Editorial Cartoonist of the Year
Mike Luckovich, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Blogger of the Year
Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo
Editor-at-large Sir Harold Evans hosted a panel conversation on the topic of the 2008 presidential election, featuring former Chief of Staff for President George W. Bush, Karl Rove; former New York Times editor-in-chief Howell Raines; and political strategist and pollster Doug Schoen—and what a conversation it was. The audience of D.C.’s most influential players was captivated by the exchange of these very distinct viewpoints.
For more on the event and to view event highlights, visit: http://www.theweekdaily.com/opinionawards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week