On April 8, THE WEEK hosted the fifth annual Opinion Awards at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C. Awards were given for:
Columnist of the Year
Ruth Marcus, The Washington Post
Editorial Cartoonist of the Year
Mike Luckovich, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Blogger of the Year
Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo
Editor-at-large Sir Harold Evans hosted a panel conversation on the topic of the 2008 presidential election, featuring former Chief of Staff for President George W. Bush, Karl Rove; former New York Times editor-in-chief Howell Raines; and political strategist and pollster Doug Schoen—and what a conversation it was. The audience of D.C.’s most influential players was captivated by the exchange of these very distinct viewpoints.
For more on the event and to view event highlights, visit: http://www.theweekdaily.com/opinionawards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week