n April 8, THE WEEK hosted the fifth annual Opinion Awards at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C. Awards were given for:
Columnist of the Year
Ruth Marcus, The Washington Post
Editorial Cartoonist of the Year
Mike Luckovich, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Blogger of the Year
Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo
Editor-at-large Sir Harold Evans hosted a panel conversation on the topic of the 2008 presidential election, featuring former Chief of Staff for President George W. Bush, Karl Rove; former New York Times editor-in-chief Howell Raines; and political strategist and pollster Doug Schoen—and what a conversation it was. The audience of D.C.’s most influential players was captivated by the exchange of these very distinct viewpoints.
For more on the event and to view event highlights, visit: http://www.theweekdaily.com/opinionawards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week