15% of voters believe, wrongly, that Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama is a Muslim. Rumors that Obama is Muslim have been circulating for months on the Internet, prompting him to point out on numerous occasions that he is, in fact, a Christian.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week