Good Day, Bad Day
Happy bedfellows, forgetting your roots
GOOD DAY FOR: Happy bedfellows, as a German scientist has invented a high-tech pillow that purports to stop snoring. Daryoush Bazargani at the University of Rostock said the computerized pillow shifts the snorer’s head until a sensor no longer detects snoring noises. “I invented it because I snore,” Bazargani said. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Forgetting your roots, as DaimlerChrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche found himself defending his proposal to rename the company Daimler AG, rather than Daimler-Benz, its name from 1926 to 1998. The name change, expected to be voted on today, became necessary after Daimler sold off Chrysler earlier this year. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week