Good Day, Bad Day
Happy bedfellows, forgetting your roots
GOOD DAY FOR: Happy bedfellows, as a German scientist has invented a high-tech pillow that purports to stop snoring. Daryoush Bazargani at the University of Rostock said the computerized pillow shifts the snorer’s head until a sensor no longer detects snoring noises. “I invented it because I snore,” Bazargani said. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Forgetting your roots, as DaimlerChrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche found himself defending his proposal to rename the company Daimler AG, rather than Daimler-Benz, its name from 1926 to 1998. The name change, expected to be voted on today, became necessary after Daimler sold off Chrysler earlier this year. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week