Good Day, Bad Day
Happy bedfellows, forgetting your roots
GOOD DAY FOR: Happy bedfellows, as a German scientist has invented a high-tech pillow that purports to stop snoring. Daryoush Bazargani at the University of Rostock said the computerized pillow shifts the snorer’s head until a sensor no longer detects snoring noises. “I invented it because I snore,” Bazargani said. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Forgetting your roots, as DaimlerChrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche found himself defending his proposal to rename the company Daimler AG, rather than Daimler-Benz, its name from 1926 to 1998. The name change, expected to be voted on today, became necessary after Daimler sold off Chrysler earlier this year. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week