Good Day, Bad Day
Happy bedfellows, forgetting your roots
GOOD DAY FOR: Happy bedfellows, as a German scientist has invented a high-tech pillow that purports to stop snoring. Daryoush Bazargani at the University of Rostock said the computerized pillow shifts the snorer’s head until a sensor no longer detects snoring noises. “I invented it because I snore,” Bazargani said. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Forgetting your roots, as DaimlerChrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche found himself defending his proposal to rename the company Daimler AG, rather than Daimler-Benz, its name from 1926 to 1998. The name change, expected to be voted on today, became necessary after Daimler sold off Chrysler earlier this year. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week