Kim Cattrall spent years looking for a man who could truly satisfy her, says Garth Pearce in the London Times.
Kim Cattrall spent years looking for a man who could truly satisfy her, says Garth Pearce in the London Times. “Good sex has to be combined with a relationship of equals,” explains Cattrall, who plays Sex and the City’s sexually voracious Samantha. “I’d been searching for good sex, but always ended up having to take care of myself. I presumed that would always be the case.” Cattrall says she went through many partners before finding one—Mark Levinson, her third husband—who finally gave her a fulfilling sex life. But in the end that wasn’t enough, and they divorced. “It has nothing to do with size or being able to do it five times a night. It’s just a matter of knowing what a woman wants and needs.” Cattrall eventually hooked up with Canadian chef Alan Wyse, who for three years now has sated her both physically and emotionally. The fact that she’s 51 and he’s 29 has not been an issue. In fact, she says, the age gap has its advantages. “He accepts that I have a job and another life, which is what older men find so hard to deal with,” she says. “Please don’t call him a ‘boy toy.’ He’s probably the most mature man I have met.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
Subscribe to the Week