Bill Murray beat his wife, cheated on her during trips abroad, and steadily abused drugs and alcohol throughout their 10-year marriage, Jennifer Butler Murray said in divorce papers made public last week. The complaint says the actor and comic once punched his wife in the face and said she was “lucky he didn’t kill her.” Murray’s attorney did not respond to the charges but said the actor “is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week