Bill Murray beat his wife, cheated on her during trips abroad, and steadily abused drugs and alcohol throughout their 10-year marriage, Jennifer Butler Murray said in divorce papers made public last week. The complaint says the actor and comic once punched his wife in the face and said she was “lucky he didn’t kill her.” Murray’s attorney did not respond to the charges but said the actor “is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week