ill Murray beat his wife, cheated on her during trips abroad, and steadily abused drugs and alcohol throughout their 10-year marriage, Jennifer Butler Murray said in divorce papers made public last week. The complaint says the actor and comic once punched his wife in the face and said she was “lucky he didn’t kill her.” Murray’s attorney did not respond to the charges but said the actor “is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week