ill Murray beat his wife, cheated on her during trips abroad, and steadily abused drugs and alcohol throughout their 10-year marriage, Jennifer Butler Murray said in divorce papers made public last week. The complaint says the actor and comic once punched his wife in the face and said she was “lucky he didn’t kill her.” Murray’s attorney did not respond to the charges but said the actor “is deeply saddened by the breakup of his marriage.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week