Courtney Love reported that the ashes of her late husband, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, were stolen from her Hollywood home, as well as some of her clothing and jewelry. She had kept the grunge-rocker's ashes in a bag shaped like a pink teddy bear, along with a lock of his hair. Love said: "I can't believe anyone would take Kurt's ashes from me. I find it disgusting and right now I'm suicidal." (News of the World)
What the commentators said
"Okay, I don't know what's worse: That someone actually stole Kurt Cobain's ashes or that they were stored in a pink teddy bear bag," said celebrity blog The Superficial. "Wasn't a hollowed out Rainbow Brite laying around?"
Well, let's take this with a grain of salt, said Hollywood blog dlisted. First of all, the report comes from News of the World. And second, this is Courney Love we're talking about—"freaking out" and being suicidal are her natural state. But if this did really happen, the "obvious suspects" are: "Courtney's nose, Courtney's veins, all pink teddy bear kidnappers in the area, and Keith Richards."
Can't people just leave Kurt Cobain alone? said Nikki King in Paste magazine. Recently, Love reported credit theft "involving Cobain’s social security number over the past five years. The fraud includes purchase of a $3.2 million house in New Jersey and depleting the trust fund established for their daughter Frances Bean’s education." First, theives take his identity, and now his ashes—what ever happened to letting a dead man lie?
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- China's massive pollution problem
Subscribe to the Week