nly in America
The entire city council of Ashland, Ore., has decided to enter relationship counseling. The catalyst was Councilman David Chapman’s telling Councilman Eric Navickas to “shut your f---ing mouth” during last week’s meeting, though Navickas had previously called the city’s mayor “a Nazi,” and tensions have generally been running high. Taxpayers will pay $37,000 for the council’s five months of therapy, which “may seem like a lot of money,” said City Administrator Martha Bennett. “But if the council doesn’t function, the city doesn’t function.”
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- The executioners' lament
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week