Gennifer Flowers and Paula Jones, women involved in the Bill Clinton sex scandals of the 1990s, are now selling their stories as online videos for $1.99 each. The "two chicks chatting," as they call themselves, have set up a Web site where users can view video blogs like "Gennifer's Story and the Presidential Penis." (Los Angeles Times blog)
What the commentators said
"Two thumbs up ladies!" said the news blog Rants and Raves of Rhonda Holland. Normally, I'd dismiss Flowers and Jones as fame-grubbers and tell them to go away. But they both have "reason to hold a grudge against Bill Clinton," so I wish them the best of luck. What I really want, though, is for Monica Lewinsky to "exact some vengeance on the Clintons. Now THAT would be worth paying to see."
Flowers and Jones launched their site a little too late, said the news blog Citizen Haines. It could have been a "hot topic of concern for the upcoming presidential election," but Hillary Clinton was just eliminated from the nomination race, so neither Clinton is particularly relevant right now.
But this still isn't a good thing for Bill Clinton, said Ed Pilkington in The Guardian. His reputation "as global philanthropist and do-gooder" has "plummeted" due to allegations of racism, speculated anger-management problems, and last week's outburst at Vanity Fair for their scathing article about him. Flowers and Jones have "hung over Clinton like a bad odour for many years," but there is "nothing revelatory about their deliberations, " except for their "ability to embarrass all parties concerned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week