Eighteen-year-old Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, has signed a two-year, $6 million contract to be the new face of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle perfume. “This is such a perfect fit for Emma,” a friend of the actress told MSNBC.com. “She’s not going to end up like these other Hollywood train wrecks. She just isn’t.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week