Eighteen-year-old Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, has signed a two-year, $6 million contract to be the new face of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle perfume. “This is such a perfect fit for Emma,” a friend of the actress told MSNBC.com. “She’s not going to end up like these other Hollywood train wrecks. She just isn’t.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week