Eighteen-year-old Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, has signed a two-year, $6 million contract to be the new face of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle perfume. “This is such a perfect fit for Emma,” a friend of the actress told MSNBC.com. “She’s not going to end up like these other Hollywood train wrecks. She just isn’t.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week