Eighteen-year-old Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, has signed a two-year, $6 million contract to be the new face of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle perfume. “This is such a perfect fit for Emma,” a friend of the actress told MSNBC.com. “She’s not going to end up like these other Hollywood train wrecks. She just isn’t.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week