Eighteen-year-old Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, has signed a two-year, $6 million contract to be the new face of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle perfume. “This is such a perfect fit for Emma,” a friend of the actress told MSNBC.com. “She’s not going to end up like these other Hollywood train wrecks. She just isn’t.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week