Dennis Rodman and spousal abuse
Dennis Rodman pleaded no contest to misdemeanor spousal battery on Tuesday and was sentenced to three years of probation, but I'd much rather see him attempt "to slap around a 300 lb
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman pleaded no contest to misdemeanor spousal battery on Tuesday and was sentenced to three years of probation, one year of domestic violence counseling, and 45 days of community service. The charges stemmed from an incident in April, when Rodman was arrested at a Los Angeles hotel after his girlfriend, Gina Peterson, reported that he hit her during a dispute. (AP)
What the commentators said
So it appears that the judge that handled Rodman’s case isn’t “a fan of body piercing, basketball or men who have slept with Madonna,” said Ian McShane in the blog Holy Moly. “Good.” Although I’d much rather see “Rodman attempting to slap around a 300 lb ‘woman’ called Bubba in the shower block,” at least he’ll have to endure the public humiliation of “cleaning roadside graffiti” for 45 days in L.A.
Well, at least Rodman seemed sorry about what he did, said the blog Stupid Celebrities. After he was arrested for abusing his girlfriend, Rodman “voluntarily enrolled into a rehab clinic.” But then again, he was also “seen at a few night spots” while undergoing treatment.
Let’s just hope that Rodman doesn’t “inflict” any more “harm” on his girlfriend, said the blog Film Gordon. The judge did warn him about “acting like a fool in the future,” saying that he would send Rodman to jail if anything like this happened again. But who knows what Rodman will do—he seems to be living right on the “edge of insanity.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week