Rat-a-tat-tat dining, Anna Nicole's lingerie, Steak au hair
A restaurant with an armed-conflict theme opened this week in strife-torn Beirut.
Arestaurant with an armed-conflict theme opened this week in strife-torn Beirut. Located in a neighborhood loyal to militant group Hezbollah, “Buns and Guns” has a dining room strung with camouflage netting, where diners can relax to the sound of recorded gunfire while enjoying such dishes as “Terrorist Bread” and “Rocket Propelled Grenade” (chicken on a skewer). “They accuse us of terrorism, so let’s serve Terrorist Bread,” said owner Yousef Ibrahim. “Why not?”
Larry Birkhead, the father of the late Anna Nicole Smith’s baby daughter, has spent thousands of dollars buying Smith’s lingerie at auction, says Us Weekly. Birkhead reportedly spent $2,800 on a pink bustier and a white negligee worn by Smith in a Playboy photo shoot, later telling reporters that daughter Dannielynn, 1, will one day be curious about her mother. “I have a lot of history I have to put together,” said Birkhead. “Playboy was such a big part of Anna’s career.”
A Wisconsin restaurant cook has pleaded guilty to food-tampering for garnishing the steak of a complaining customer with strands of hair. Ryan Kropp, 24, was apparently upset that the customer demanded a new steak, and admits he inserted hair into the second piece of meat. Kropp said he plucked the hair from his face, but a co-worker testified that Kropp gleefully told the kitchen staff, “These are my pubes”—a slang term for pubic hair.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week