rom the magazine
International pop star Shakira has pledged $40 million for victims of a recent earthquake in Peru and a hurricane in Nicaragua. The Colombian-born singer, best known for her hit single “Hips Don’t Lie,” also announced a three-year,
$5 million commitment for projects designed to alleviate child poverty in the region. “I have seen firsthand many of the challenges facing Latin America,” she said. “These are problems that no one person can address, but working together, everyone can help make a difference.”
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week