The Bottom Line
GlaxoSmithKline, Europeâ€™s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive.
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive. Witty takes the helm from Frenchman Jean-Pierre Garnier next May. “He has the luxury of time, since he could be there for the best part of 20 years,” said analyst Peter Cartwright at Evolution Securities. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week