The Bottom Line
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive.
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive. Witty takes the helm from Frenchman Jean-Pierre Garnier next May. “He has the luxury of time, since he could be there for the best part of 20 years,” said analyst Peter Cartwright at Evolution Securities. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Art is not a justification for discrimination
Subscribe to the Week