The Bottom Line
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive.
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive. Witty takes the helm from Frenchman Jean-Pierre Garnier next May. “He has the luxury of time, since he could be there for the best part of 20 years,” said analyst Peter Cartwright at Evolution Securities. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week