The Bottom Line
GlaxoSmithKline, Europeâ€™s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive.
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive. Witty takes the helm from Frenchman Jean-Pierre Garnier next May. “He has the luxury of time, since he could be there for the best part of 20 years,” said analyst Peter Cartwright at Evolution Securities. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week