The Bottom Line
GlaxoSmithKline, Europeâ€™s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive.
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe’s largest drugmaker, named 43-year-old Briton Andrew Witty as its new chief executive. Witty takes the helm from Frenchman Jean-Pierre Garnier next May. “He has the luxury of time, since he could be there for the best part of 20 years,” said analyst Peter Cartwright at Evolution Securities. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week