OOD DAY FOR: Primogeniture, as new surveys suggests that first-born children are more likely than their younger siblings to succeed in business. Researchers and first-born CEOs speculate that the heightened business acumen is partly a result of having parents' undivided attention and resources for at least a while. (USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: Rock 'n' roll fantasies, as a British study shows that rock stars really are more likely to die young. Looking at more than 1,000 British and North American musicians between 1956 and 2005, the researchers found the premature-death rate to be two to three times higher than in the general population. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week