The Bottom Line
New service gives parents more control over their kid's phone calls.
AT&T is launching a service today that will give parents dramatically increased control over how their kids use family cell phones. The new $5-a-month Smart Limits service will allow parents to set restrictions on who their kids can call and at what times, and limit text messaging and downloads. But Rebecca Jeschke of the Electronic Frontier Foundation has a word of caution for parents: “When it comes to technology, kids are smarter than you.” (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
Subscribe to the Week