oogle stock rose above $600 a share for the first time, closing at $609.62 yesterday. Shares sold for $85 at Google's 2004 IPO. Only five other U.S. companies have shares trading above $600, with Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway leading the pack at $123,390 per Class A share. (Chicago Tribune, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week