oogle stock rose above $600 a share for the first time, closing at $609.62 yesterday. Shares sold for $85 at Google's 2004 IPO. Only five other U.S. companies have shares trading above $600, with Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway leading the pack at $123,390 per Class A share. (Chicago Tribune, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- The case for killing law school
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week