Anna Nicole generates scandal from the grave
Two nannies who worked for Anna Nicole Smith, the late sex symbol, have denied telling TV journalist and author Rita Cosby that Smith
Two nannies who worked for Anna Nicole Smith, the late sex symbol, have denied telling TV journalist and author Rita Cosby that Smith’s lawyer and boyfriend had sex on videotape—a tale both men deny. In her book, Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith’s Death, Cosby wrote that the nannies told a private investigator they saw Smith sitting on her bed watching the alleged liaison between her lawyer, Howard K. Stern, and her boyfriend, Larry Birkhead.
The nannies’ “insider perspective became a hot commodity” after Smith’s sudden death in February, said Natalie Finn in E! Online. But both of the women—Quethlie Alexis and Nadine Alexie—say they never told anybody they saw Smith watching a Stern-Birkhead sex tape, and that they have no idea whether such a tape exists. “Both gentlemen called the book's so-called revelations ludicrous,” and Stern has filed a $60-million defamation lawsuit against Cosby and her publisher.
Cosby has flown down to the Bahamas to try jogging the memories of the Haiian-born nannies, said Defamer.com. But she might find that hard to do. “The French term for ‘oral sex between men’ is just one consonant off from another word that means, ‘to come to fisticuffs over the honor of a shared woman.’” So, maybe the whole thing was just an honest mistake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week