Good Day, Bad Day
Moving on and Internet johns.
GOOD DAY FOR: Moving on, as NBC Universal said it would offer its upcoming fall TV offerings through Amazon’s Unibox digital download service. NBC and Apple failed to reach a pricing agreement for selling NBC shows on Apple’s iTunes, prompting Apple to pull all new NBC shows now rather than halfway through the season, when the current NBC contract expires. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Internet johns, as police are cracking down on prostitution brokered through community-based Web service Craigslist. “Technology has worked its way into every profession, including the oldest,” says Long Island police detective Richard McGuire. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
Subscribe to the Week