Good Day, Bad Day
Moving on and Internet johns.
GOOD DAY FOR: Moving on, as NBC Universal said it would offer its upcoming fall TV offerings through Amazon’s Unibox digital download service. NBC and Apple failed to reach a pricing agreement for selling NBC shows on Apple’s iTunes, prompting Apple to pull all new NBC shows now rather than halfway through the season, when the current NBC contract expires. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Internet johns, as police are cracking down on prostitution brokered through community-based Web service Craigslist. “Technology has worked its way into every profession, including the oldest,” says Long Island police detective Richard McGuire. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week