Good Day, Bad Day
Moving on and Internet johns.
GOOD DAY FOR: Moving on, as NBC Universal said it would offer its upcoming fall TV offerings through Amazon’s Unibox digital download service. NBC and Apple failed to reach a pricing agreement for selling NBC shows on Apple’s iTunes, prompting Apple to pull all new NBC shows now rather than halfway through the season, when the current NBC contract expires. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Internet johns, as police are cracking down on prostitution brokered through community-based Web service Craigslist. “Technology has worked its way into every profession, including the oldest,” says Long Island police detective Richard McGuire. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week