Good Day, Bad Day
Moving on and Internet johns.
GOOD DAY FOR: Moving on, as NBC Universal said it would offer its upcoming fall TV offerings through Amazon’s Unibox digital download service. NBC and Apple failed to reach a pricing agreement for selling NBC shows on Apple’s iTunes, prompting Apple to pull all new NBC shows now rather than halfway through the season, when the current NBC contract expires. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Internet johns, as police are cracking down on prostitution brokered through community-based Web service Craigslist. “Technology has worked its way into every profession, including the oldest,” says Long Island police detective Richard McGuire. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week