Good Day, Bad Day
Moving on and Internet johns.
GOOD DAY FOR: Moving on, as NBC Universal said it would offer its upcoming fall TV offerings through Amazon’s Unibox digital download service. NBC and Apple failed to reach a pricing agreement for selling NBC shows on Apple’s iTunes, prompting Apple to pull all new NBC shows now rather than halfway through the season, when the current NBC contract expires. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
BAD DAY FOR: Internet johns, as police are cracking down on prostitution brokered through community-based Web service Craigslist. “Technology has worked its way into every profession, including the oldest,” says Long Island police detective Richard McGuire. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week